Book your flights to the 4th International Conference on Model & Data Engineering online at www.austrian.com and save 15% on all applicable fares!
To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking engine:
- Booking period: now until September 26th, 2014
- Valid for flights to Larnaca via Vienna and return as of September 17th, 2014 until October 3rd, 2014 (final date for return flight) on OS operated flights.
The MEDI 2014 Local Organization Committee may provide invitation letters to people who have registered for the conference. For issuing an invitation letter we require the following information to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org: Full name, Passport number, Date of birth, Address, Institution.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR TRAVELERS: Please note that holders of a valid Schengen Visa who have already travelled within the Schengen Zone, may travel to Cyprus without an additional Cypriot Visa.
Residents of non-EU countries who hold valid Schengen visas and who have already entered Schengen countries, as per the Schengen regulations, may now travel to Cyprus directly from that Schengen member country without applying for a National Cypriot visa and stay in the Republic of Cyprus for the duration of their Schengen visa.
Schengen zone (within red circle):
Click here to download the MFA Application for Visa
Where Visas are being issued:
Visas will be issued by all the Diplomatic Missions (Embassies and General Consulates) of the Republic of Cyprus, and by all the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus abroad in their respective countries. Additionally visas can also be issued by the British High Commissions / Embassies in the following countries: ARGENTINE REPUBLIC, BAHREIN, HONG KONG, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KUWAIT, OMAN, SWITZERLAND, SUDAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (ABU DHABI, DUBAI), UZBEKISTAN.
The above information is based on information provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at their website. Please visit their website for the latest information and further details by clicking here.
Cyprus has two (2) airports:
- The Larnaca International Airport, which is located about 5km (3 miles) from Larnaca town centre and 142km (88 miles) from Paphos.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Larnaca)
- The Paphos International Airport, which is located about 15km (9 miles) from Paphos town centre.
For more information, maps and flight schedules please visit the Cyprus Airports Official Website (Paphos)
Please note that participants have the following options for their transfers from /to the airport:
- Private taxi Transfers. Arrange for transfers by taxi through the conference coordinator, Easy Conferences. These transfers are bookable online through www.easyconferences.org. These transfers can be private (max 3 person) or shared, are inclusive of meet and assist, and the service is guaranteed.
Please note that it is very important to include your flight details (date and time of arrival) in your registration for all of the above and below choices of transportation.
- Airport Taxis. Get an airport taxi on arrival to the airport. Service is quite good, but at times one may have to wait and prices may vary depending on the time of arrival.
- Public Transportation
A list of all buses around Cyprus including night buses, rural buses and intercity buses can be found on "Cyprus by Bus" website at www.cyprusbybus.com. The buses are separated by city while route details, timetables and maps are available for each route.
Please visit 'Zinonas Buses' website at www.zinonasbuses.com to find route, timetable and map that matches your preferences.
For ease of reference, Route 431 passes from Lordos Beach Hotel-Venue, Golden Bay Hotel, Crown Resorts Henipa Hotel and Mariandy Hotel.
Use the Larnaca public bus Route 431 which passes by Lordos Beach Hotel-Venue and all the other accommodation hotels.
Alternatively, you can use one of the public bus route 417/418/419 or 440 to get to Larnaca City Centre (Central Bus Station) and afterwards hop on another bus to reach your accommodation hotel.
Please visit 'Zinonas Buses' webpage at www.zinonasbuses.com for routes, timetables and maps for all buses in Larnaca.
Step 1: Once you arrive at Paphos Airport, you can take the direct service to Limassol (Ag. Athanasios bus stop); handled by Limassol Airport Express coaches. You may visit www.airportshuttlebus.eu to check the timetable that matches your flight. Alternatively, you can use the Intercity Buses (Green Buses) to get to Limassol city (New Limassol Port Station - last stop).
Step 2: From New Limassol Port Station take the Public Bus Company 'Intercity Buses': www.intercity-buses.com to get to Larnaca (Finikoudes Bus Stop).
Step 3: Afterwards, use Larnaca public 'Zinonas buses to reach the hotel of your preference. Please visit their webpage at www.zinonasbuses.com for routes and timetables.
- The voltage on the island is 240 Socket outlets are of flat 3 pin-type.
- English is the second language and is widely spoken. A greater Knowledge of French and German is increasingly noticeable.
- The currency of the Republic is Euro.
- Banks in Cyprus open for the, public from 08:30 to 13:30 midday. Certain banks in tourist areas open during the afternoon.
- All types of medication are available in well stocked pharmacies all over Cyprus.
- Telephone : Cyprus automatic telephone dialing system reaches 206 countries. Telecards can be purchased from Post Offices, kiosks and souvenir shops.
- There are two international airports in Cyprus, at Larnaca and Pafos.
- The two main ports are in Lemesos and Larnaca.
- Around 30 airlines connect Cyprus directly with most European and Middle-East countries, which provide ongoing services to anywhere in the world.
- As from May 2004 Cyprus is a full member of the European Community
- January 1: New Year's Day
- January 6: Epiphany Day
- Variable: Green Monday (50 Days before Greek Orthodox Easter)
- March 25: Greek National Day
- April 1: Greek Cypriot National Day
- Variable: Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Church)
- Variable: Easter Monday (Greek Orthodox Church)
- May 1: Labour Day
- Variable: Pentecost-Kataklysmos (Festival of the Flood)
- August 15: Assumption
- October 1: Cyprus Independence Day
- October 28: Greek National Day (Ochi Day)
- December 24: Christmas Eve
- December 25: Christmas Day
- December 26: Boxing Day
Notes: All Public Services, private enterprises, banks and shops are closed on Public Holidays. In resort and coastal areas, however, shops and certain services remain open. Banks are closed on Easter Tuesday but not on Dec. 24.
The health facilities in Cyprus are of a high standard. The latest technologies and operating techniques are standard practice, with heart bypass surgery and kidney transplantation operations routine in the islands hospitals. The accident and emergency departments of all the hospitals are manned with English-speaking personnel, but it's advisable to seek the assistance of an interpreter for more complex medical matters. Emergency treatment in the Accident and Emergency department, is free to tourists.